Sunday, April 19, 2009



Bonus Map

I did the Dot Density over again, this time I used Arc Map to generate the dot density values. I stole some ideas from the ESRI map site to get the Florida drop shadow and to get the dot density to NOT place in the water. I started out trying to create a density map with the Spatial Kernel Density tool...but it bombed out on me. I then opted to link the excel GCT-PH1 spreadsheet to the Florida counties and created the dot density off the values at 1 dot = 10 of the value. I linked the the county layer to the excel sheet by auto generating a sequential number once the counties were in Alphabetical order.

The desire to re-do the dot density came solely from my dislike of doing things repeatedly... ie 2,000 plus dots, but I was not familiar enough with the dot density in the symbology tab to do it that way in the original lab. In addition I was to chicken to do a work around on the AI dot density, for fear of missing some escalating skill development that I would need in later labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment