Wednesday, March 18, 2009


I chose the US National Atlas Equal Area, and a 5 class natural breaks on bipolar data. I thought the natural dividing point of the bipolar data was with the Nevada Outlier. I chose a 5 class diverging spectral color scheme, altering my colors per Color Brewer rgb #'s, to concentrate the viewer on the greatest "change" at the end classes.
I had labled the % on the states... but in the end it looked more distracting then aiding... It looked okay before I tweeked my color scheme then the label with a small halo looked like I was standing to far from the eye chart.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome...you are smokin these labs!!...i wish i had more time to work on this one...we have a sick youngster in the house. I hope he's better by this weekend, so I can concentrate on the GIS lab.
    just a heads up.....
    Don't forget you have a negative value in your legend, might want to change your hyphens to "to"
    not sure if it matters...just something I picked up from our readings.

    ReplyDelete